Opportunities for Artists
VIBE CREATIVE DISTRICT
- OPEN CALL – 18th Street Fence Mural Application – VIBE Artist APP 18th Street Fence Mural Project!
- Creative Crosswalk Program – Stay tuned for Call for Artists Details regarding new creative crosswalks in 2019
- ViBe Mural Festival 2019 – Stay tuned for the next Call for Muralists to paint ten new murals in 2019
- Friends of the Creative District – Local Business Opportunities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a list of our members who offer artists’ display and selling opportunities.
Visit MOCA’s website to learn more about opportunities to exhibit, teach and sell at the nationally-accredited Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art.
OLD BEACH ART MARKET
In collaboration with the Old Beach Farmers Market and local art supporters, the Old Beach Art Market is a intimate gathering of local artists who display their work for sale to the public. Local artists are welcome to sell their artwork and wares in the parking lot at the corner of 19nd Street and Cypress the First Saturday of each month throughout the summer. Artists are required to secure a City of Virginia Beach business license. For more information and an application, email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities for Local Businesses
Join the Friends of the Creative District
- Submit an 2017 Membership Form
- Review and vote by Friends of the Creative District Board (2nd Thursday at 10am each month)
- Network and show your support for the local arts at ViBe Creative District Events
Steps to Qualify for City of Virginia Beach ViBe Business Incentives
- Review the ViBe Creative District qualification criteria. Incentives and the Application Process
- Select a location for your organization in the ViBe Creative District.
- Contact the Commissioner of the Revenue to apply for a Business License.
- Complete the ViBe Creative District Business Qualification Application.
- Complete the ViBe Creative District Partial Real Estate Tax Exemption Form (if you’re the property owner).
- Virginia Beach City Staff reviews application and notifies business owner of next steps.
Apply for a Matching Funds Grant from the City of Virginia Beach
The grants are designed to provide financial support to small and locally-owned and operated businesses located within the ViBe Creative District. The program offers financial incentives in the form of matching grants to new and existing property owners or businesses that plan to make capital investments within the District.
- Arts Economic Impact in the City of Virginia Beach
- Partial Property Tax Exemption through the City of Virginia Beach
- ViBe website listing on the City of Virginia Beach website