Opportunities for Artists
VIBE CREATIVE DISTRICT
- OPEN CALL – 18th Street Fence Mural Application – VIBE Artist APP 18th Street Fence Mural Project 2017!
- Creative Crosswalk Program – Stay tuned for Call for Artists Details regarding new creative crosswalks in 2017
- Friends of the Creative District – Local Business Opportunities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a list of our members who offer artists’ display and selling opportunities.
- Visit MOCA’s website to learn more about opportunities to exhibit, teach and sell at the nationally-accredited Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art.
OLD BEACH ART MARKET
- In collaboration with the Old Beach Farmers Market and local art supporters, the Old Beach Art Market is a intimate gathering of local artists who display their work for sale to the public. Local artists are welcome to sell their artwork and wares in the parking lot at the corner of 19nd Street and Cypress the First Saturday of each month throughout the summer. Artists are required to secure a City of Virginia Beach business license. For more information and an application, email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities for Local Businesses
Join the Friends of the Creative District
- Submit an 2017 Membership Form
- Review and vote by Friends of the Creative District Board (2nd Thursday at 10am each month)
- Network and show your support for the local arts at ViBe Creative District Events
Steps to Qualify for City of Virginia Beach ViBe Business Incentives
- Review the ViBe Creative District qualification criteria. Incentives and the Application Process
- Select a location for your organization in the ViBe Creative District.
- Contact the Commissioner of the Revenue to apply for a Business License.
- Complete the ViBe Creative District Business Qualification Application.
- Complete the ViBe Creative District Partial Real Estate Tax Exemption Form (if you’re the property owner).
- Virginia Beach City Staff reviews application and notifies business owner of next steps.